The following lists updates to the Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Office 365.
This add-in is available for free from the Microsoft Office Add-ins Store rather than through a download from Syncplicity. This universal add-in offers most of the functionality of the Outlook Add-in for Windows, while supporting a wider range of devices and operating systems.
You may also want to take a look at:
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.4.3
New in this release
- Introduced support for Device Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) feature.When Device Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is enabled, Syncplicity will assess new device login attempts and can require users to first verify and confirm a device, before they can use it to access their account. For more information visitMulti factor authentication on Add-in for Office 365.
- Bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.4.1
Fixes and improvements
- Fixes a problem, where users were not able to upload files bigger than 5 MB in Microsoft Edge Legacy browser or Outlook desktop application on Windows 10. Now users can upload files with size up to 2 GB in Microsoft Edge Legacy browser or Outlook desktop.
- The problem above is not applicable to other browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or the new Microsoft Edge with Chromium engine. For more information see Attaching files in Add-in for Office 365.
- Security improvements
Seeherefor a list of known issues.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.4.0
- The Outlook Add-in tab for the Shared Links Password Protection Policy now includes the option for admins to "Use auto generated passwords only". For details, see File Sharing Policies.
- Improvements related to large file attachments using "Attach local file".
- Usability improvements and bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.3.1
- User experience has been enhanced when sharing is blocked by internal group sharing or data loss prevention policies.
- Bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.2.0
- Added support for StorageVault Authentication (SVA) folders.
- Added localization for French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- Users can select multiple files using "Attach local files" and add the files as shared links at the same time.
- Bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.1.2
Fixed an issue where basic authentication failed when cookies were disabled.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.1.1
- Syncplicity Outlook Add-In for Office 365 now supports Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- Improvements related to emailing shared link(s):
- When sending an email, shared link(s) are now inserted at the top of the email body.
- When replying to, or forwarding, an email thread, shared link(s) are now inserted at the top of the email thread.
- Users now have the ability to multi-select files from "Attach files using Syncplicity" option and add them as shared links at the same time.
- Bug fixes, including:
- Fixed an issue where Outlook prompts the user that an attachment is not included, even though they have added a Syncplicity shared link. The Outlook Add-In for Office 365 now adds a small Syncplicity.txt file attachment that prevents the unexpected prompt. This small file includes text explaining why it is attached.
- Fixed issue where Outlook web interface incorrectly displayed shared link when user reads email forwarded to them using the Outlook Add-In for Office 365.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.1.0
- Added support for accessing SyncDrive folders from Outlook Add-in for Office 365.
- Added support for PrivacyRegions.
- Bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.0.0
- Initial release! Add-in is available from the Microsoft Office Add-ins Store.
- This add-in works with all versions of Outlook that fully support the Microsoft Add-in API 1.3 on the desktop or in browsers. Currently that list includes:
- Microsoft Edge on Windows
- Chrome on PC/Mac/Windows
- Windows x86 and x64 desktops
- Safari on Mac
- Safari on iPad
- Chrome on Android Tablets
- Tablets such as Surface Pro
- Outlook.office.com or Outlook.com (the OWA browser app) running on:
- Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 desktop applications for Windows
- New devices, software and platforms will be supported when enabled by Microsoft
- Known Issues:
- Add-in does not fully support the older mobile standalone apps OWA for iPad, OWA for iPhone, OWA for Android (Beta). On mobile devices we currently recommend using Outlook through a browser to use the Add-in.
- Microsoft does not currently support accessing this add-in on a phone. When that limitation is fixed, the add-in will automatically become accessible on iPhone, Android and Windows mobile phones.
- There are some Microsoft limitations that affect visual results when adding attachments to Calendar events. Functionality of the attachment link is not affected.