The following lists updates to the Syncplicity iPad app.
You also may want to see:
- Internal updates for better performance.
- Bug fixes and user-experience improvements, including:
- Fixed when sometimes large PDF files could not be loaded due to insufficient memory.
- Fixed when spreadsheet pivot tables could not be previewed in Syncplicity. Previewing now is supported in read-only mode.
- Fixed when sometimes Syncplicity's responsiveness could be affected when managed via VMWare AirWatch.
- Improved user experience when files in network shares are locked.
Known issue: Documents protected with Secure Shared Files cannot be previewed.
- Files App integration improvements including new design, search, sort, additional file and folder actions. For more information see Files app.
- Various user experience improvements for high-resolution devices.
*.heicimages and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) encoded MOV files in Syncplicity on compatible iOS devices.
- Bug fixes including:
- Fixed an issue where certain password-protected PDF files could not be previewed.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases Syncplicity's passcode could not use Face ID.
- Fixed a record-playback issue with AirPods.
- Fixed an issue where iOS Mail App cannot add attachments from Syncplicity.
- Fixed a crash on iOS 11 when using "Quick Look."
- Fixed a crash on iOS 11 when saving images from Syncplicity to your device using "Save Image."
- User experience has been enhanced when sharing is blocked by data loss prevention policies.
- Multi-level sub-folder sharing is supported. See Sharing a folder.
- Added support for Microsoft Intune version 5. See Overview of managing your company’s devices and Managing iOS devices using Intune.
- Added support for VMware AirWatch version 9. See Managing iOS devices using AirWatch.
- Mobile notifications service has been improved.
- Bug fixes and improvements including:
- Fixed bugs related to mobile device management with MobileIron
- Fixed an issue where Send Feedback functionality was not functioning correctly.
- Adding Syncplicity as a place in Microsoft Office apps for iOS now reuses the Syncplicity app active session.
iPad App 4.4.1
Bug fixes and optimizations.
iPad App 4.4.0
- Edit and view Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in the Microsoft Office apps installed on the iPad. Requires Office apps version 2.2.1 and above, and a subscription to Microsoft Office 365; without subscription, permission is view only.
- Improved user experience when sharing is restricted.
- Sharing of files and folders is enabled for groups by providing the exact group name.
- Localization improvements.
- View support for macro-enabled workbooks.
- Improvements related to shared link recipient search.
- Bug fixes and user experience enhancements including
- Enhancement in policies restricting external shared links.
- Fixed issue where PPSX, PPS files could not be edited.
- Fixed issue where videos cannot be played in slideshows.
Known limitations in this release:
- Should be prevented from being able to try and save a document in Syncplicity root folder in Microsoft Office apps. User will receive an error and must select a folder in which to save.
- Should be prevented from being able to try and create a folder in Syncplicity root folder in Microsoft Office apps. User will receive an error.
- IRM-protected files cannot be opened with Microsoft Office apps on iPad. Switch to the Syncplicity native editor to do so.
- Password protected PDF files cannot be opened when protected with 256bit AES encryption.
- Save as PDF option is not available only for files that are opened in Syncplicity from external iOS apps.
iPad App 4.3.0
- Added support for accessing SyncDrive folders from the iOS app
- Bug fixes, including:
- Fixed issue where shared link recipient lookup was slow for company accounts with very large numbers of users. When adding shared link recipients, user lookup still includes results from both company account and local device contacts, but on the add contact screen accessed through the ‘+’ icon, now only local device contacts are available for selection.
iPad App 4.2.0
- Improved performance and stability of Favorites when the app is in the background
- Bug and crash fixes, including:
- In-app Viewer/Editor: fixed incorrect viewing of certain PDFs and PDF annotation performance lag
- Panorama: fixed crash when accessing SharePoint folder
iPad App 4.1.0
- Background synchronization of favorite files and folders with app in background
- Added support for Affiliate Sharing. The Administrator can keep control of company content while facilitating collaboration with affiliate companies
- Added an expiration date to shared links to files
- Apple Pencil support for iPad Pro
iPad App 4.0.0
- Add support for PrivacyRegions
- Fixed iOS 10 bugs
- Known issue: On the previous app version (3.11.1) user is not able to see EU recipients name on the manage screen
iPad App 3.11.0
- Favorites now sync in priority order. Recently-changed files sync first, ensuring that you get the content you need more quickly.
- Favorites now upload and download in the background. See below for current limitations.
- Changed files now upload and download in the background, so if you start a download or upload and then switch out of the app, file transfer will continue.
- The “Get Help” link on the Settings screen now opens the same web page as the desktop clients. This change allows companies to optionally replace the URL with their own specific support URL (Admins can contact Syncplicity for more details).
- Bug and crash fixes.
- Known limitations:
- In this release, iOS adds a pause between each successive file that uploads or downloads in the background. While the files will continue to transfer, large numbers of files will take a large amount of time. This iOS limitation will improve in future versions.
- In this release, file updates that happen on the server, while the app is in the background, will not sync until Syncplicity is brought to the foreground. [For example, someone else changes a file in one of your Favorited folders.] This limitation will improve in future versions.
iPad App 3.10.0
- Enhanced folder sharing allows a folder owner to determine which recipients are allowed to share that folder. The folder owner can now select specific Editor or Reader recipients and allow them to re-share that folder. Previously, this ability was either on or off for all recipients. This option is set for individual shared folders.
- Improved file Upload experience makes it easier and quicker to upload files
- + icon allows you to add content directly from the Files view
- Upload button is now more visible as the primary call to action on the Uploads screen
- Last-used upload folder is remembered, so you don’t have to pick the destination folder every time you upload from the top level folders view
- Thumbnail image previews are now displayed for standard image files such as JPEG and PNG.
- AirWatch admins: a new PinLoginDomains key/value pair lets you whitelist the email domains that are allowed to log in on managed devices. This can be used to prevent a user on a managed device from logging out of their corporate managed Syncplicity account and logging back in to a personal or trial account.
- Stability enhancements and crash fixes.
iPad App 3.9.0
- Power Level sync settings are now automatic. When the battery level on your device drops below 20%, sync will pause. When you plug in your device, sync will resume.
- The ability to set Favorites no longer depends on battery level, group policies or other settings. You can always mark Syncplicity files and folders as Favorites. If your policies and battery level allow, then Favorites will sync (as long as the app is open in the foreground).
- You no longer need to watch the tutorials again if you happen to logout and log back in again! If you want to reset the tutorials and watch them again, choose “Reset First Time Launch” in the Settings screen of the Syncplicity app.
- Improved international support for the display of date, time, number and currency formats.
- Many bug and crash fixes, including:
- Improvements and fixes for Favorites
- Push notifications improvements
- Email notifications are sent properly when sharing links
- App is more responsive while syncing many files
- Fixes for multiple problems affecting data transfer limits
- Improvements to the way Group Policy overrides affect the app
- Security: when using network shares, remote data wipe now removes all bookmark info from the Favorites screen
iPad App 3.8.0
- Bug fixes
- Corporate login now happens inside the app, rather than switching to a web browser
- A “Login with a browser” link allows for Safari browser login if needed
- Share extension now lets you send files to Syncplicity from any app that supports the iOS Share feature: photos, videos, text files and more! This feature can also be used to save files from any of the Microsoft Office applications into Syncplicity
- Improvements to controlling Syncplicity policies when using AirWatch for mobile device management
iPad App 3.7.0
- Bug fixes
- Additional Microsoft Office file types supported
iPad App 3.6.0
- Added support for a new administration policy to control the timeout of mobile passcodes. The administrator can set an amount of time that the mobile application should wait, before the user is asked to re-enter a passcode.
- See Platform Release notes for more info.
- Fixed bugs related to mobile device management with MobileIron
- Fixed problems with opening attachments with Excel
- Fixed problems with working with Favorites
iPad App 3.5.0
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- iOS 9 bug fixes