Exclude a subfolder
For a synchronized folder with subfolders, you can exclude synchronizing specific subfolders as follows:
- Click the Syncplicity icon in your taskbar.
- Click Manage in the Taskbar Panel. The Manage Folders window is displayed.
- Click on a folder that contains subfolders.
- Click More Options → Exclude subfolders.
- In the popup window, uncheck the folders that you do not want to synchronize.
- Click Close.
On your desktop, the Syncplicity logo is removed from those folders' icons.
To exclude subfolders using Windows Explorer, right-click on a subfolder, then select Exclude.
Exclude a file
To exclude a file:
- Navigate to the file using WIndows Explorer.
- Right-click on the file and select Exclude.
- In the dialog select whether you want to exclude only this file, or all files of this type. If you select the second option, the file type will be added to your Excluded file types list.
- The icon is removed from the file indicating the file is no longer synchronized to your account.
In your desktop client settings, you can also exclude specific file types from being synchronized, such as .exe, .js, and .mov. Additionally, your administrator may have excluded specific file types. You can exclude additional file types but you cannot change the administrator's exclusions. For more information, see Configuring client settings on Windows.