There are two ways to upgrade the Syncplicity On-premises Storage Connector:
- Using a Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) file. IMPORTANT: This method is only available upon request by sending an email to email@example.com This is the only supported way to upgrade Storage Connector in AWS, Cloud, or Azure environments.
- Using an OVA file, see Upgrade Storage Connector with OVA file.
If you are upgrading between two minor Storage Connector versions, you can perform a rolling upgrade to upgrade your Connector servers one at a time and continue to maintain uptime.
If you are upgrading across multiple minor versions or between major versions, you must upgrade all connector servers at the same time, as follows:
- Shut down the connector services on all nodes.
- Upgrade all Connector servers.
- Restart the services on all nodes. Keep in mind, an outage during a scheduled maintenance window is required.
Use the Storage Connector validation tool to validate your network dependencies after an upgrade.
Connector servers should be up-to-date with the latest operating system version (OS version) and kernel patches. The following table provides the recommended OS versions for the latest releases of Storage Connector:
Storage Connector OVA version
|22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199||CentOS 7.6|
For information about new features and supported platforms see the Syncplicity On-Premises Storage Connector release notes.