You can create and rename folders using Windows Explorer when the Syncplicity desktop client is online.
Create a folder
You can create a folder in SyncDrive from Windows Explorer or the Syncplicity toolbar. You also can also add a subfolder in an existing folder.
Create folder using the Syncplicity toolbar
- Click the Syncplicity icon in the WIndows taskbar and select Online. You will be redirected to the All Files section in My Syncplicity.
- From the All Files page, select the create a folder icon.
- Enter a name for the folder. The new folder appears in the All Files list.
Create a subfolder using the Syncplicity toolbar
- Click the folder where you want to create a subfolder and then click the create a folder icon.
- Enter a name for the subfolder. You now have a subfolder in a folder.
Create a folder from Windows Explorer
- Open SyncDrive in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click in the panel and select New > Folder on the shortcut menu.
- When prompted, enter a name for the folder. The new folder appears in your SyncDrive.
Add an existing folder
When you add an existing folder to Syncplictiy, the folder is added to Syncplicity and synchronized with your other Syncplicity devices. Once the folder is included, Syncplicity begins synchronizing and backing up the folder and its contents. However, the files you have excluded in the folder continue to be excluded.
To add an existing folder to your SyncDrive, do the following.
- From Windows Explorer, right click the existing folder you want to add to your SyncDrive.
- S elect Add to Syncplicity .
Alternately, you can also drag-and-drop the folder to an existing folder in your SyncDrive.
Rename a folder
To rename a folder in your SyncDrive from Windows Explorer:
- Open your SyncDrive in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the folder to rename.
- Select Rename and rename the folder. The folder now contains the new name.
You cannot rename root folders that are shared with you.
For details on how to rename a folder in My Syncplicity, see .Rename SyncDrive files and folders.