Using Windows Explorer you can create, add, and rename folders.
NOTE: Creating, adding, and renaming folders is only supported when the Syncplicity desktop client is online.
You can also use the Syncplicity application to create folders.
Create a new folder
You can create a folder in SyncDrive from Windows Explorer or the Syncplicity toolbar. You can also create a new subfolder to an existing folder.
Create a new folder using the Syncplicity toolbar
- Go to my.syncplicity.com and log on with your Syncplicity credentials.
- From the All Files page, select the create a folder icon.
- Enter a name for the folder. The new folder appears in the All Files list.
Create a new subfolder using the Syncplicity toolbar
- Click on the folder where you wish to create a subfolder, then click on the create-folder icon.
- Enter a name for the subfolder. You now have a subfolder within a folder.
Create a new folder from Windows Explorer
- Open SyncDrive in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click in the panel and select New → Folder on the shortcut menu.
- When you are prompted, enter a name for the folder. The new folder appears in your SyncDrive.
Add an existing folder
When you add an existing folder to Syncplictiy, the folder is added to Syncplicity and synchronized with your other Syncplicity devices. Once the folder is included, Syncplicity begins synchronizing and backing up this folder and its contents; although, the files you have excluded inside of this folder continue to be excluded.
To add an existing folder into your SyncDrive, perform the following steps:
- From Windows Explorer, right click on the existing folder you want to add to your SyncDrive.
- Select Syncplicity → Include.
- Select Include, once again, from the message screen. The folder is now added to your SyncDrive.
NOTE: You can also drag-and-drop the existing folder into an existing folder within your SyncDrive.
Rename a folder
For details on how to rename a folder within My Syncplicity, see Rename SyncDrive files and folders.
To rename a folder in your SyncDrive from Windows Explorer:
- Open your SyncDrive in Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on the folder you wish to rename.
- Select Rename and rename the folder. The folder now contains the new name.
TIP: You cannot rename root folders that are shared with you.