A bookmark is a shortcut to a specific location in a repository. Your administrator can provide bookmarks to specific SharePoint sites or network shares.
In addition to using bookmarks to access locations, you can rename, hide, unhide, and add bookmarks. You can also log out of a bookmarked repository.
If necessary, tap the account icon ( or ) to view your accounts.
Tap Network Share or SharePoint to view your bookmarks.
NOTE: The last bookmark you accessed is highlighted in blue.
The information icon, , is gray if the bookmarked location is accessible. The icon is red if the location is not accessible.
If you have access to a single network share or SharePoint site, you do not see any bookmarks. Instead, you are taken directly to the list of folders and files in that location.
Tap on the bookmark name to view and manage the folders and files in that location. If not logged in, you are prompted for your credentials. If you tap additional bookmarks that require the same credentials, you are not prompted for your username and password.
Renaming and hiding bookmarks
Tap the information icon, , to display the path name and perform the following actions:
- Rename: You can change the name of the bookmark on your device.
- Hide bookmark: You can prevent the bookmark from being displayed in your list of bookmarks.
- Logout: Log out from that particular location, as described in Logging out of a bookmarked repository.
At the bottom of the accounts screen, you can tap Show Hidden Bookmarks to toggle between hiding and showing bookmarks that were hidden. A link is not available if there are no hidden bookmarks.
Adding a bookmark
To access a location in the repository that has not been bookmarked on your device, you can add it, if you know the path to that location. You may also need to know the name of the Syncplicity Connector that accesses it if there is more than one Connector. Your administrator should provide this information.
NOTE: Your administrator may have emailed you one or more bookmarks as encoded strings. Your administrator may have also made these bookmarks available on a webpage or in a document. Clicking on the string from within your mobile device should automatically add the bookmark.
- In the navigation menu, tap the account icon in the top bar.
- Tap the (+) icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In Choose Account Type, tap Add Network Share or Add SharePoint Site.
- Tap Choose Connector.
- If multiple Connectors are listed, tap the desired Connector. Contact your administrator if you are unsure which Connector to choose.
- For SharePoint sites, proceed to the next step if only one Connector is listed.
- For network share accounts only, you can choose to add a new Connector. You are prompted to enter the Connector's URL (provided by your administrator) then your username and password.
Whether you added a Connector or selected an existing one, you are prompted for the bookmark pathname. If in the network share account, this is a UNC path to a specific directory in the network share. For SharePoint, it is a URL to a SharePoint site.
UNC path example: \\server_name\share
- Tap Next.
- Enter your login credentials.
- If the location is accessible and your credentials are accepted, you are prompted for the name of the bookmark.
- Click Finish to save your bookmark.