You can upload files managed by other apps to a folder in your Syncplicity account.
Opening the menu
Tap the + icon on main Navigation Bar or in the context menu of a folder to open the following menu then tap Upload to view its menu. For example:
The menu options include:
- Photos. Allows you to select an existing photo or video in your device and upload it to a Syncplicity folder. This is described in Uploading photos and videos.
- One or more app names may appear in the menu. Tap an app name to view the files available to that app. You can then upload a file to a Syncplicity folder. The app names that appear here are controlled by the More menu option.
- More. Allows you to view the apps on your device that are considered storage providers. You can then select which apps you wish to appear in the Upload menu. To do this, tap the enable button to the right of the app name.
NOTE: If you are using the Syncplicity app on a MobileIron managed device, your administrator may disable the ability to upload files from unauthorized apps.
You can add apps with file management capabilities to the Upload menu. First, tap More to display a list of file management apps.
In this example, there are four app names. Documents and Drive are enabled and will appear in the Upload menu. Dropbox and Syncplicity are disabled so they will not appear in the Upload menu. You can choose which apps you wish to have in the Upload menu then click Done.
To upload files managed by another app:
- Tap the name of the app then navigate to the file that you wish to upload.
- Tap the file. You are taken to the Upload screen. In the upper right corner, Upload (1) indicates that one file is selected.
- Optionally, you can change the file name by tapping the pencil icon.
- Tap Select Folder. Alternatively, if you have previously uploaded files, you can choose a folder from the Recently Used Folders for Upload If this is your first upload, this section is empty.
- If you tapped Select Folder, perform the following:
- In the list of your top-level Syncplicity folders, navigate to the folder where you wish to upload the files. At the top of the page, you have three options represented by these icons:
: Tap this if you are in the folder where you wish to upload the files.
: Create a new folder within the folder. This allows you to create a new folder for your files.
: The search applies only to the folder where you are located. It does not search any parent folders and does not search subfolders.
- When you are within the destination folder, tap the checkmark. You are taken back to the Upload screen.
- Make sure that the correct folder name appears in the Select Destination Folder for Upload
- Tap Upload in the upper right corner.
The file is uploaded.