Managing folders is very similar in both SharePoint and network shares. However, the repositories have the following differences:
- A SharePoint site can contain subsites, document libraries, folders, subfolders and files.
- A network share can contain folders, subfolders and files.
Once you log in to your repository, you are presented with a list of folders and files. You can tap a folder to see its contents and navigate through the folders and files as you would with the folders and files in your Syncplicity account. Refer to the Navigating folders article for more information.
You can also filter, sort and search the folders and files as you would with the folders and files in your Syncplicity account, as described in the Filtering and searching article. However, you can only filter by name.
In the list of folders and files, tap the menu icon () next to any folder to view the actions you can take on that folder. You may not be able to perform all actions depending on your access permission.
For top-level folders, you can perform these actions:
- Folder: Create a new folder.
- Add: Upload multiple photos, videos, documents, or any other files directly from your device to any folder, or create a new folder.
- Offline: Sync your folders to your device for offline access. See the Working with Offline files and folders for iPad article for more information on the Offline feature.
For subfolders, you can perform the favorite, folder and add actions as well as:
- Rename: Change the name of the folder.
- Delete: Delete a folder. The folder is permanently deleted from the site.