Mobile Device Synchronization policy
This policy allows you to control the allowed file and folder synchronization settings with the users mobile devices based on connection type. This policy applies to content marked as Favorites in the mobile application on iOS and Android devices. Favorite files and folders are synchronized to the mobile application and available for off-line access as well as quick and easy access avoiding downloads delays in opening files. This policy can be set from the Admin Console under policies -> Mobile -> Mobile Sync -> Mobile Device Synchronization policy
- By default, users in your organization can configure the Syncplicity mobile apps to automatically synchronize specific files and folders whenever they change on the server regardless of how the devices is connected to the internet. Users are free to configure their mobile app to synchronize Favorite files and folders:
o When connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot or the cellular network
o Only when connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot
o Or turn off synchronization
- Alternatively, administrators can disable Favorites synchronization when connected via the carriers network or when roaming to minimize mobile phone usage charges.
- Or choose to disable synchronization altogether, when this feature is disabled, users are required to download individual files on a case-by-case basis when needed.
Android Device Synchronization policy
Android devices also offer SD card storage in addition to the device storage. This setting allows you to control whether the SD card storage option is available to users. This policy can be set from the Admin Console under policies -> Mobile -> Mobile Sync -> Android Device Synchronization policy
- By default, users on Android devices can mark files and folders to synchronize to the SD card on their device. This allows for most flexibility when working with such files and folders on the device and in other applications and enables easy access to the files from anywhere, including the computer to which the device is connected.
- For extra security and safety, disallow this feature and require that Syncplicity for Android devices only, synchronizes files to its private, encrypted storage location. Such files and folders still synchronize automatically and be available offline, but only be accessible via the Syncplicity application.
Mobile Device Synchronization Limits policy
This policy is used to enforce how much data a user can transfer using the mobile app. This policy can be set from the Admin Console under policies -> Mobile -> Mobile Sync -> Mobile Device Synchronization Limits policy
- By default, users can choose to set their own synchronization limits.
- To reduce cost, you can choose to limit the amount of data that can be transferred on a monthly basis. When setting this policy, Admins must specify the data transfer limit per GB or MB and specify which day of the month will the counter be reset (Billing cycle reset day).