You can use policies to manage Windows and Mac desktop clients and the Syncplicity Outlook add-ins.
In the admin console, select Admin | Policies to open the Manage Policies page. Click a policy name to view or change a policy set. On the Manage Policy set page, expand Desktop Clients & Add-ins and then expand Configuration.
The following is an overview of each configuration policy. Links to details about policies are provided when appropriate.
- Bandwidth Restriction. Allows the administrator to limit upload and download speeds. You can limit the bandwidth if you have network issues or limited bandwidth. The client user can further limit the bandwidth but cannot set a higher bandwidth. For Windows desktop clients installed using the command line, the values set by UPLOADMAX & DOWNLOADMAX are overridden by the values in this policy.
- Update. This policy enables or disables the auto-update of the Syncplicity Windows desktop client and Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Windows, but not the Syncplicity Mac desktop client or Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Office 365. The client update policy can be set differently for the desktop client and the Outlook client.
- File Type Exclusion. Allows you to prevent specific file types from being synchronized by the Syncplicity desktop client. It also allows you to prevent specific file types from being uploaded when using the Syncplicity Outlook add-ins to email shared links instead of files.
- Syncplicity for Outlook. Enables or disables the use of both Syncplicity Outlook add-ins.
- Syncplicity for Outlook file size. Allows you to force files of a specific size or larger to be uploaded to the Syncplicity folder instead of emailed. This policy applies only to the Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Windows, not the Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Office 365.
- Sync Status. Enable the show option to enable users to view and resolve file synchronization issues. Sync status is disabled by default. This feature applies to Windows clients only.