The sections below identify the Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) features supported in the Syncplicity for iPhone app.
Key Microsoft Word Features
- Font formatting: You can change text size, color, effect, font, background color, and style.
- Paragraph formatting: You can change the alignment, spacing, indent, and bullet symbols.
- Copy formatting: You can copy the font or paragraph formatting that is applied to text and then apply it to other text.
- Insert: You can insert a text box, table, shape, image, or chart and then adjust the size of the object by dragging the pointers. Also, you can insert images from the gallery or take an image using a camera.
- Draw: You can draw by using your finger to insert a shape or table. Additionally, you can use the draw tool to delete a table or move objects.
- Find and replace: You can find or replace text by searching for a term and tapping the previous or next icon to search the results one-by-one. If you select the replace mode, a text to replace window appears.
- Undo and redo: You can tap the undo and redo icons to move forward and backward through the document history.
- Zoom in / out: You can zoom in and out of the document with multi-touch on the screen.
- Page layout: You can change the margin, page direction, size, and column of the document.
Key Microsoft Excel Features
- Spreadsheet management: You can add, delete, rename, or change the order of spreadsheets.
- Edit a cell: You can edit the data of a cell by tapping the cell twice to input data.
- Select a column or row: You can select a column or row by tapping on the title to select it. You can select multiple columns or rows by tapping on a column or row title and holding while dragging to the desired column or row title.
- Resize a column or row: You can resize a column or row by selecting the column and row and then dragging the column or row to the desired height or width.
- Select a cell range: You can select a cell range by tapping on the cell and then holding while dragging on the cell pointers.
- Create a formula: You can create a formula by editing a cell or insert a formula by using one of the prebuilt functions.
- Font formatting: You can change text size, color, effect, or font. If you select an option, it is applied to the cell in real-time.
- Align cells: You can change the horizontal and vertical cell alignment.
- Number formatting: You can change the formatting option that you can apply to a cell or cell range. Select a category and then select the formatting option that you want to apply.
- Cell formatting: You can change the fill color, border drawing, border, color, and border thickness.
- Insert a chart: You can insert a chart by selecting the cells and then tapping on insert chart. You are then prompted to select a chart type. The selected chart is then inserted in the sheet.
- Chart formatting: You can change the chart type, layout, format, and style.
Key Microsoft PowerPoint Features
- Add a slide: You can add new slides by tapping on the add slide icon in the slides menu. To expose the slides menu, either rotate your device into landscape mode or tap on the carrot icon to display the menu while in portrait mode.
- Slide management: You can copy, move or delete any selected slide. To display the menu of available actions, double tap on the slide that you want to edit. To move a slide, tap then hold and drag it into the desired order.
- Slideshows: You can start a slideshow by tapping on the play icon in the slides panel. You can navigate through the slides by swiping left and right. During your presentation, you can annotate your slides by using the pen tool or highlighting content with the laser pointer.
- Slide notes: You can manage slide notes by selecting more, then tapping on slide notes. The notes are displayed at the bottom of the slides. If you move a slide, the note that corresponds to the selected slide is displayed. You can modify the notes by tapping on them.
- Insert a chart: You can insert a chart by tapping on insert and then add chart. You are prompted to select a chart type. The selected chart is then inserted into the sheet. You can edit the chart data by double tapping on the chart.
Supported File Types
- MS Word 97~2010 (.doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx)
- MS Excel 97~ 2010 (.xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltx, .csv)
- MS PowerPoint 97~ 2010 (.ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .pot, .potx)
- Adobe PDF 1.2~1.7 (.pdf)
- Password-protected files
- Courier New
- STIX general
- Times New Roman