For a synchronized folder with subfolders, you can exclude synchronizing specific subfolders as follows:
- Click the Syncplicity () icon in your taskbar.
- Click Manage in the Taskbar Panel.
- Click on the folder with the subfolders.
- Click the More Options button then select Exclude subfolders.
- In the popup window, uncheck those folders that you do not wish to synchronize.
- Click Close.
On your desktop, the Syncplicity logo is removed from those folders' icons.
You can also exclude subfolders using Windows Explorer by right clicking on a subfolder selecting Syncplicity then Exclude..
To exclude a file, choose Syncplicity from the Taskbar Panel, which opens Windows Explorer. Right-click on the file and select Syncplicity then Exclude. You are asked if you want to exclude this specific file or all files of that type. Once you make your choice, your file is no longer synchronized to your account and the Syncplicity logo is removed from the file icon.
In your desktop client settings, you can also exclude specific file types from being synchronized, such as .exe, .js, .mov, etc. Additionally, your administrator may have excluded specific file types. You can exclude additional file types but you cannot change the administrator’s exclusions. For the procedure and more information, see Configuring client settings.