You can manage Syncplicity app settings on your Android.
- On the Home screen, tap on the Syncplicity icon to open Syncplicity, On the top left tap the triple bar icon to open the Syncplicity options screen.
- At the bottom right tap the Settings icon to open the Settings screen.
Some options have toggle buttons that show if they are enabled or disabled.
The settings are described in the following sections.
The Favorites section has the following items:
- Synchronize Favorites: By default, favorites are synchronized, but you can disable synchronization.
- Sync On: You can choose Wi-Fi and Cellular or Wi-Fi Only. This can be enforced by IT policy.
- Data Transfer Limit: By default, there is no data transfer limit. However, this can be set by IT and applies only to data over a cellular network.
- Event Notifications: By default, you are notified when items in your Favorites have changed. You can turn this off.
- Usage: Displays total and cellular bandwidth utilization for the billing period.
- Cache Size Limit: Tap on the setting to set your cache size limit in megabytes or gigabytes. If you download a file exceeding your cache limit, the application requests you to increase the limit.
- Clear File Cache: File cache stores all files you opened and downloaded. To remove the Syncplicity files stored on your device, tap Clear File Cache. You are prompted to clear the cache.
For extra security and safety, you can enable a passcode you must enter when accessing the Syncplicity app. Tap App Passcode Lock and enter a passcode. When you enter an incorrect passcode more times than the number of times IT specifies, the Syncplicity mobile client wipes the device and clears all user data.
By default, you are not required to enter a mobile passcode, but your IT can enforce the use of a passcode.
Open Office Files in Microsoft Apps: Enable to use Microsoft Office apps on your device for viewing and editing documents. Requires a subscription to Microsoft Office 365; without subscription, permission is view only. Disable to use the Syncplicity native editor for viewing and editing documents.
The Help section has the following items:
- Get Help: View the tutorial about various sections of the app.
- Send feedback: Send app feedback to Syncplicity Support. You can report any issue or submit an enhancement request.
- Send Logs: When requested by Support, you can send them a log file. When selected, you are taken into a mail client with log file attached and email address pre-populated. Log files are helpful for Support to understand your issues.
- Rate this app: Tap to rate the Syncplicity application using star rating system.
- About Syncplicity: Tap to view Use of Services & Software.
Removes all data, such as favorites and settings, and restores the default settings. Logout is equivalent to a fresh installation of the app. Don't use unless absolutely necessary.