The following Mac client settings can be configured for Syncplicity:
- Show the secure shared link options when creating a shared link. This includes requiring recipients to log in or enter a password to access the shared link. If you uncheck this box, these options are not shown when sharing a file link with another user
- Show a message whenever a file from the Syncplicity account is downloaded. Checking this box hides these notifications.
- Turn off the viewing of the shared sub-folder settings on the sync drive.
- Unlink, which removes all your mapped folders and machine name. Unlinking is not advisable unless you want to log in using a different account or want to remove Syncplicity from your computer. If you unlink then decide to rejoin, you will need to log in, reinstall the Syncplicity client and remap your folders again. The Unlink this computer button is grayed out if the client is busy scanning or uploading/downloading files. You can wait until the process is finished, or open the Taskbar Panel to pause the process before you can unlink the computer.
- Set the network bandwidth when uploading or downloading files. For details, see .
To configure the MAC client settings, click the Syncplicity icon ( ) in the Mac taskbar , and select Preferences.
NOTE: If the Syncplicity icon is not displayed, open Applications and start Syncplicity.
The General tab allows you to configure the shared link settings and notifications settings.
The Advanced tab allows you to configure excluded file types and .
- To exclude file types, click the (+) button then enter the files types by their file name extensions. For example, exe, js, mov, etc.
- To stop a file type from being excluded, select the file name extension in the tab then click the (-) button.
NOTE: Your administrator may have excluded specific file types. You can exclude additional file types; although, you cannot change the administrator's exclusions.