Go to a file that you want to manage. Tap the context menu for that file. The contextual actions on files include:
- Share Link: Allows you to create a shared link for this file. For details, see the Sharing a File article.
- Open In: Allows you to open the file in any of the apps on your iPhone that can open this type of file. You also can share the file. Once you tap Open In, you see the list of apps. Select the app you would like to open the file. If you wish, you can go to another app and open files that are stored in your Syncplicity folders. If you are using the Syncplicity app on an AirWatch-managed device, your AirWatch administrator can disable the Open In feature or allow Open In only to other managed apps downloaded from AirWatch catalog.
- Offline: Mark a file as Offline to download the file to your device. You can quickly open the file, even if offline. The Syncplicity app automatically syncs Offline files so changes to the file are downloaded. Tap Offline from the main menu to see a list of the files and folders you marked as Offline. For more information, see the topics in Offline on iPhone.
- Follow: Allows you to mark the file so that you can easily check to see if there is any recent activity, such as the file is edited or downloaded. Tap Activity from the main menu to see a list of the files you chose to follow. For more information, see the About activity article.
- Versions: Lists the versions for each file. Every time a file is added, edited, deleted or restored, a new version of the file along with size, timestamp and the user taking the action is recorded. You can open and view any version for a file and revert to any of the older versions. For more information, see the Accessing file versions article.
- Copy: Allows you to copy a file from one Syncplicity folder to another. For more information, see the Copying files article.
- Delete: Deletes the file. However, the file is not permanently deleted. It can be viewed by selecting the folder’s filters and choosing to show the deleted files. If you tap a deleted file’s menu icon, you can Permanently Delete the file or Restore it. You cannot delete a file in a read-only folder.
NOTE: If you are using the Syncplicity app on an AirWatch or MobileIron managed device, your administrator can disable the Open In feature or allow Open In only to other managed apps. For MobileIron managed devices, you may be able to Share via secure AppConnect apps only.