As described in Understanding synchronizing and sharing folders, you can share folders with others. Sharing a folder shares all the files and subfolders within it. The following are ways to share folders.
After a folder is shared, the recipients have access to the folder if they have a Syncplicity user account or when the Syncplicity client running. Share recipients who do not have a Syncplicity account are asked to create a temporary account with an email address and password to access the shared folder.
NOTE: Syncplicity Enterprise Edition and Business Edition users may have policy restrictions, set by their administrator, that prohibits sharing with non-company users.
Share from Windows File Explorer
To share a folder from Windows File Explorer:
- Open Windows File Explorer and select a folder.
- Right-click and select Syncplicity → Share folder. The Share Your Folder window opens
- Follow the instructions on the screen and click Share Folder.
Share from the Syncplicity Taskbar
To share a folder from the Syncplicity Taskbar:
- Click the Syncplicity icon
- Select a folder and click the Share folder button. Your web browser opens to the Share popup at my.syncplicity.com.
- Enter the email addresses of the users you want to share the folder. Optionally, for users who have the Groups feature enabled, enter one or more group names.
- Select the permissions. Different permissions can be given to different recipients. For example, you can restrict specific users to have read only access with the Reader permission or grant users to have Editor permission which allows them to modify files and folders within a shared folder.
NOTE: If you are not the Owner and have Reader permission, you only can grant Reader permission to other users.
- Click Share.
Syncplicity allows you to selectively permit participants to reshare folders with others.
- As the Owner of a folder, navigate to the Manage Folders page.
- Select a folder and click Manage participants.
- At the bottom of the Manage tab, you can control resharing of the folder by selecting Allow everyone or Restrict sharing (default).
- Allow everyone - Allows participants of the folder to reshare the folder.
- Restrict sharing - (default) Allows you to select which participants can reshare the folder.
The external sharing policies are honored with the resharing of folders unless the following policies options are set:
- When the External User Add Sharing Participants Policy is set to Do not allow external users to view participants or invite new participants to share company owned folders.
- When the Allow external users to view participants and invite new participants to share folders policy is set to only when external users' permission is editor and the participant is external and not an Editor.
For more information about external sharing policies read Folder sharing policies.