As described in the article, you can share your file that you uploaded to your Syncplicity account so that anyone can access it, share your file and restrict who can access the file, and protect the file itself. The ability to protect the file using the Secured Shared Link feature is not available on the iPad.
Follow one of the procedures below to create a public or secured shared link.
NOTE: If you are using the Syncplicity app on a MobileIron managed device, your administrator may disable the ability to create a public shared link.
Creating a public shared link
To create a public shared link, simply do not apply protection. Depending on your configuration, you may not see the option to apply protection. In other cases, your administrator may require you to apply protection.
- Tap the context menu ( ) on the file you wish to share. This opens the context menu.
- Tap the Share Link option.
If you choose to copy the link, the URL is copied to your clipboard. From there, you can paste it into an e-mail, instant message, web page, or any other place where you can place a text web link.
If you choose to email the link, you are prompted to email the link to the people you wish to share your file.
Anyone who accesses this link will be able to retrieve your file quickly and easily.
Creating a secured shared link
To create a secured shared link, you must require users to log in to their Syncplicity account, enter a password, or both to access the file. You also have the option to set an expiration date, after which the link is invalid and users cannot access the file. Your administrator may require one or more of these settings.
- Tap the context menu ( ) on the file you wish to share. This opens the context menu, as shown below.
- Tap the Share Link option.
- Click the Apply protection link to display the protection settings.
- If requiring users to login, enter or select email addresses. Optionally, click Add a message then enter text for the email that will be sent to recipients. When you complete this procedure, your text and the shared link are sent to those users. Only users with the email addresses you specified can log in and download the file.
- If requiring users to enter a password, click the password generator icon to create a password. You can then communicate this password to the users you wish to access the file. The password generated is not sent with the email; therefore, you need to send it separately to the recipients.
- Tap Next.
- To email the link, click the Email link. This action prompts you to enter your recipients’ email addresses. You can also enter text for the email, which is then sent to those users along with the generated link.
- To generate a link, click Copy Link. This action generates a URL, which you can paste into an e-mail, instant message, web page, or any other place where you can place a text web link.
- Tap Done.
To disable access to your document, you can disable the shared link. However, you must go to the My Syncplicity web site, click on files at the top navigation page then click on the shared links submenu. For more details see the My Syncplicity article.