The following topics are for Salesforce administrators to integrate Salesforce with the Syncplicity Panel application.
Install the managed package
Use this procedure to install the Syncplicity Panel managed package in production or sandbox.
Before you begin:
- Contact Syncplicity support to activate the Syncplicity for Salesforce feature on your company account.
- Complete the tasks in Remote site and custom settings.
- Go to Syncplicity for Salesforce in the Salesforce AppExchange and click Get It Now.
- You need a Trailblazer.me account to install the package. You can use your Salesforce credentials to create one, or use different login details.
- Once you log into Trailblazer.me, you are returned to the app page. A dialog will appear asking you where to install - in a sandbox or production environment. Select the option you are interested in.
- Tick the checkbox to agree to the Terms and Conditions, then click Confirm and Install to begin the installation.
- You are prompted to select for which types of users will Syncplicity for Salesforce be installed - All Users, Admins Only or Specific Profiles. Specific Profiles allows you to select specific profiles that will have access to the app.
- Make your selection and click Install.
Assign the Syncplicity Panel permissions
Use this procedure to assign Syncplicity Panel permission sets.
The permission sets are:
|Assign to users who administer the integration and have a custom admin profile.
|Assign to users who use the application.
- Log on to Salesforce as an administrator.
- Select Setup.
- From Quick Find, locate and click Permission Sets.
- On the Permission Sets page, click Syncplicity Admin or Syncplicity User.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments.
- On the Assign Users All Users page, select the users who need the permission and click Assign and Done.
For example, the following graphic shows some selected users. Next action is to click Assign followed by Done.