Salesforce Lightning is a more up-to-date user interface than the Salesforce Classic UI. You can use the Syncplicity Panel with either.
Use this procedure to add the Syncplicity Panel to the Salesforce Lightning page layouts. Before you begin, switch to Salesforce Lightning.
Configure My Domain
My Domain must be enabled for the Salesforce organization to use the Syncplicity Lightning component as required by Salesforce. See the Salesforce user documentation for more information.
If your Salesforce organization already has set up a domain for Lightning version, skip this topic and go to Install Syncplicity Panel in Lightning version.
Install Syncplicity Panel in Lightning version
Use this procedure to add the Syncplicity Panel to your Salesforce page layouts in Lightning version.
- Log on to Salesforce as an administrator.
- Click the App Launcher icon at the top left and click Sales.
- Select a record. For example, click Accounts in the toolbar to open a page that lists recently viewed accounts. Click to open an account.
- In the Setup drop-down, click Edit Page to launch the Lightning App Builder.
- On the record page, select the Details tab. On the left window, from Components under Standard, drag and drop Accordion into the Details tab.
- On the right window, delete the Details section.
- On the right window, click Related under Sections to display the Label field. From the drop-down, select Custom to display the Custom Label field. Type Syncplicity in the Custom Label field. Click Done. The name of the tab changes from Related to Syncplicity in the right window.
- On the left window, from the Custom-Managed section, drag SyncplicityLightningDesktop and drop it in the Syncplicity section of the record page and click Save.
- After the changes are saved, click Activation to launch the Activation: Account Record Page.
- Click the APP, RECORD TYPE AND PROFILE tab and click Assign to Apps, Record Types, and Profiles to open the Select Apps window.
- Select Sales from the list and click Next.
- On the Selected Record Types dialog, select Master and click Next.
- On the Selected Profiles dialog, select the Standard User and System Administrator profiles to activate for the Syncplicity Panel and click Next.
- On the Review Assignments dialog, verify all the settings are updated and click Save.
- Click Save on the right side of the page.
- Click Back at the top right of the page to go back to Account Record Page. Check the Details tab to verify the Syncplicity Panel is visible.
Repeat the procedure for the other Salesforce standard and custom objects that need the Syncplicity Panel to be visible, such as Opportunities, Leads and so on.