The following topics describe actions you can perform for folders in the Syncplicity Panel in Salesforce. Right-click a folder to show a list of actions you can select. These topics presume you know how to access the Syncplicity Panel.
Every Salesforce user has folder read permission and inherits that as default in subfolders. Permissions can be overridden at the subfolder level to match Salesforce permissions.
Create a folder or subfolder
Use this procedure to create a folder in the Syncplicity Panel. You only can create a folder when the New folder control is active. The control is active in subfolders whose names are appended with
.files or subfolders of
.files folders. If inactive, that indicates the current folder is read-only, and you cannot add a subfolder to a read-only folder.
- Click New folder.
- Type a name for the folder
- Press Enter to create the folder.
Once created, right-click the folder to display available options:
- Share the folder
- Manage participants of shared folders
- Rename the folder
- Delete the folder
Share a folder
Use this procedure to share a folder in the Syncplicity Panel with another user, who can be a Salesforce or non-Salesforce user. You only can share when the Share control is active.
- Click Share at top right to share the current folder. Or to share a subfolder of the current folder, right-click the folder and click Share.
- Type the email address of the user you want to share with. You can enter multiple addresses.
- Use the drop-down to select whether you want the recipient to be an editor or a reader. An editor can make changes, but a reader only has read permission.
- Optionally, type a message about the folder.
- Click Share. An email is sent to the recipient with instructions for accessing the folder.
After sharing, you can right-click the folder and click Manage Participants to display the list of users with whom the folder has been shared and to manage the list.
Manage participants of a shared folder
Use this procedure to manage users of a shared folder in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a folder and click Manage Participants to open a participants dialog box.
- You can do the following:
- Click the permission drop-down to change a user's permission. An editor can change a folder, but a reader only has read permission.
- Click X to stop sharing the folder to a user.
- Click Add participants to share the folder with other users.
- Click Done to close the dialog box.
Rename a folder
Use this procedure to rename a folder in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a folder and click Rename.
- Type a new name for the folder.
- Press Enter to save the new name.
Delete a folder
Use this procedure to delete a folder in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a folder and click Delete.
- Click Delete when prompted.