The following topics describe actions you can perform for files in the Syncplicity Panel in Salesforce. Right-click a file to show a list of actions you can select. These topics presume you know how to access the Syncplicity Panel.
You can do the described actions only in folders whose names are appended with
.files and in subfolders of
Upload a file
Use this procedure to upload a file in the Syncplicity Panel. You only can upload a file when the Upload control is active. The control is active only in subfolders whose names are appended with
.files and in subfolders of
- Click Upload.
- Select a file from your system to upload.
Alternately, you can drag-and-drop a file to upload.
Once uploaded, you can click the file to preview it or right-click the file to display available options:
- Download the file
- Share a link for the file with another user
- Display a summary of the file's versions
- Rename the file
- Delete the file
- Send to a recipient to sign
Download a file
Use this procedure to download a file in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a file and click Download .
- If your browser prompts you, select where on your file system to download the file and click Save.
Share a link for a file with another user
Use this procedure to share a link for a file with another user or multiple users in the Syncplicity Panel. These can be Salesforce or non-Salesforce users.
Links can be shared with:
- Syncplicity accounts within the same company
- Syncplicity accounts in an external (affiliate) company
- Any Syncplicity account
- Any user by generating a link, coping the URL and sharing it
There are a number of options when you share a link for a file. Whether some are available depends on how your company administrator has configured Syncplicity. These enable you to share a public link or a secured shared link.
- Generate a link and share by email or copy the link and share by another means.
- Apply optional protections, including one or more of the following:
- Require recipients to log on to their Syncplicity account to access the shared file.
- Require recipients to enter a password to access the shared file.
- Specify how many days the link remains active before it expires and cannot be used.
You can review more about file sharing in the My Syncplicity documentation. File sharing in the Syncplicity Panel and My Syncplicity are similar.
The following steps illustrate when the full range of options are available.
- Right-click a file and click Share Link.
- Type the email address of the user you want to share the link. You can enter multiple addresses.
- Select Require recipients to login if you want users to log on to their Syncplicity account.
- Select Require recipients to enter password if you want users to access the file only with a password. Type the password or use the password generator to create a password.
- Select Set expiration if you want the shared link to become invalid after the number of days you specify.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Email Link to send the recipient the shared link in an email.
- Click Generate Link to generate, copy and share a link with others.
Share a link for a file in Chatter
You can create shared links for files in the Syncplicity Panel and paste the URLs for the links in Chatter conversations. See the previous procedure for creating shared links.
Display a file's versions
Use this procedure to show a file's version history in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a file and click Versions to display a Versions dialog box that lists the file's versions. Provided for each version is the name of the user who added or edited the file and the date.
- Optionally, click a version number to download that version of the file.
Rename a file
Use this procedure to rename a file in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a file and click Rename.
- Type the new name and press Enter.
Delete a file
Use this procedure to delete a file in the Syncplicity Panel. A deleted file cannot be restored.
- Right-click a file and click Delete.
- Click Delete when prompted.
Send a file to a recipient to sign
Use this procedure to send a file to a recipient to sign with Adobe Sign in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Right-click a file and click Send with Adobe Sign to open the Send with Adobe Sign dialog box. See the table for the supported file types.
- Type the email address of the recipient. You can enter multiple addresses.
- Click OK to send the file. The signing status is displayed below the file name. The following graphic shows an example.
The following are the supported file types for sending a file to sign with Adobe Sign.
Refresh the panel periodically to check whether the recipient has signed. Once signed:
- Click Retrieve to retrieve a PDF of the signed file. The file is displayed with
(signed copy)in the file name.
- Click Complete when all recipients have signed.
Preview a file
Use this procedure to preview a file in the Syncplicity Panel.
- Click a file name to open the file as read only. The file is displayed if it is a supported file type.
- Click X at top right to close the file.
The following are the supported file types for previewing.
Stream a video file
You can stream video files in the Syncplicity Panel. Simply click a video file to play. File types that popular browsers support for video streaming are in the following table.
|WEBM||Yes||Yes if file
In addition, the following file types are unsupported by any browser. You can download these file types and play locally.
3GP, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV
When streaming a video, you can stop play and start again, adjust volume, and use the horizontal scroll bar to go forward or back.
Streaming video is content sent in compressed form over the Internet and displayed by the viewer in real time. You don't have to download a file to play it. The content is sent in a continuous stream of data and played as it arrives.