Synced folders and their contents are accessible from your other computers and devices using the Syncplicity clients. You can also access your synced folders from the My Syncplicity web site. For more information, see Understanding synchronizing and sharing folders.
Adding folders from your computer
To add a folder on your system, you must add it to your Syncplicity account:
- Click on the Syncplicity icon in the menu bar.
- Select Add Folder. Finder opens.
- Navigate to the folder.
- Double-click on the folder. The folder begins to synchronize.
Adding files from your computer
To add a file on your system, you must add it to your Syncplicity account, copy or move the file into the existing synchronized folder.
NOTE: File names cannot contain the semi colon (:) character.
Adding all folders
You can use the Add Folders from Syncplicity Cloud option as a way to add all of your folders to the cloud.
Adding a folder shared with you
When other users share a folder with you, Syncplicity provides the option to Sync the folder in your Syncplicity account to your Mac or keep the folder in the cloud. This window also displays when you create a folder in your Syncplicity account from another device.
You are prompted to select one of the following options:
- Add to this device: Syncs the files and folders within this Syncplicity folder to the location on your Mac that you have selected. You can select a different location using the Change button.
- Keep in cloud only: Keeps the folder in your Syncplicity account online. This folder will not be added on your system.
NOTE: The Syncplicity client does not support adding mapped network drives, external storage devices, and removable storage devices. Should you attempt to sync a folder from an unsupported location, the app informs you and prevents the sync. For more information, see About file synchronization on external drives.