This topic contains instructions relating to the desktop client certificate installation on Mac and possible problem at the Syncplicity client registration. Typically, your company administrator deploys and manages the client certificates for your desktop computer. The certificate is used to decrypt files in the syncpoint. This topic describes how to deploy a certificate manually.
Check for necessary certificate
To check if you have the necessary desktop client certificate on your Mac, use the Certificate Manager as follows:
- Run the application Keychain Access. The Keychain Access window opens.
- Open All Items for Login Keychain. Investigate certificates on the right panel.
- If you don't have the necessary certificate, request the certificate from your IT administrator and install it.
- Select the User certificate In Finder window, right click the certificate and open it.
- Follow the instructions of the Certificate Import Wizard.
- Select the root certificate In Finder window, right click the certificate and open it.
- Follow the instructions in the Certificate Import Wizard.