You can manage various Syncplicity app settings on your iPhone.
From the Insights screen, you can click the dot to the left or swipe right to go back to the main menu. Tap the dot there to see an account screen, which shows Syncplicity and feature planned for a future release. In the Accounts screen, tap the settings icon to the left to view the Syncplicity app settings.
The following screen shows the some of the available settings:
Some options have toggle buttons that show if they are enabled or disabled:
: Setting is enabled.
: Setting is disabled.
The settings are described in the following sections.
Offline contains the following items:
- Sync Offline Items: By default, Offline is synchronized. You can disable synchronization.
- Sync On: You can choose Wi-Fi and Cellular, or Wi-Fi Only. This can be enforced by IT policy.
- Data Transfer Limit: By default, there is no data transfer limit; however, this can be set by IT and applies only to data over a cellular network.
- Event Notifications: By default, you are notified when items in Offline have changed. You can disable this setting.
- Usage: Displays total and cellular bandwidth utilization for the billing period.
You can disable the advanced security options for shared links. If advanced options is disabled, you are no longer prompted to require recipients to log in or enter a password when you create a shared link.
By default, the shared links options are enabled. If the security options are enforced by IT policy then you do not have the ability to disable shared link options.
This setting is not available for Personal Edition users.
File Cache stores all the files you opened and downloaded. To remove the Syncplicity files stored on your device, tap Clear File Cache. You are prompted if you want to clear the cache.
For extra security and safety, you can enable a passcode that you must enter when accessing the Syncplicity app. Tap Enable Passcode and enter a passcode. When you enter an incorrect passcode that exceeds the number of times that IT specifies, then the Syncplicity mobile clients automatically wipe the device and clear all user data.
By default, you are not required to enter a mobile passcode; however, your IT can enforce the use of a passcode on Syncplicity mobile clients. In which case, you must set a passcode.
When Background refresh is enabled, the background photos are automatically refreshed and changed periodically. If disabled, the background photo does not change.
When Tilt Control is on, you can swipe between images just by tilting the device left and right. However, when Tilt Control is on, landscape mode for viewing images is turned off.
Tilt Control is off by default.
Microsoft Office > Open Office Files in Microsoft Apps: Enable to use Microsoft Office apps on your device for viewing and editing documents. Requires a subscription to Microsoft Office 365; without subscription, permission is view only. Disable to use the Syncplicity native editor for viewing and editing documents.
The Help section has the following items:
- Send Feedback: You can send your app feedback to Syncplicity Support. You can report any issue or give any enhancement request that you feel will be useful. We are always open for feedback!
- Send Log File: When requested by Support, you can send a log file for any issue that you are facing. When selected, you are automatically taken into a mail client with log file attached and email address pre-populated. Log files are very helpful for Support to understand any issues you are facing.
- Tutorial: You can view the tutorial that discusses the various sections of the app.
- Contact Support: You can contact Support for any issue that you are facing with the app.
- Reset First Time Launch: When you first install or upgrade your Syncplicity app, there are a number of visual tips in different areas of the app. Once you have used the app for a while, the tips are turned off. Tap this setting to turn the tips back on.
- Review App: Tap here to go to the app store where you can review and give comments about the Syncplicity app.
Do NOT use Logout All unless absolutely necessary as it completely removes all data, such as Offline and Settings, and restores the default settings. Logout All is equivalent to a fresh installation of the app then logging in.