You can add photos, videos and audio files to a Syncplicity folder from the iPad application.
Tap Add Content from the main screen or Add from the context menu of a folder. There are four options:
The Upload feature is described in Uploading files and Uploading photos and videos. You can also send files to your Syncplicity account from any app that supports the iOS Share feature. Just Share and look for the Syncplicity app then upload.
The Create menu, which allows you to create a Microsoft Office file (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), is described in Create and edit Microsoft Office documents.
To take a new photo or record a video then upload it:
- Make sure your camera is enabled for Syncplicity (Settings → Privacy → Camera and enable Syncplicity).
- Tap Capture.
- Take a photo or video by sliding between Video and Photo.
- When done, tap the round button at the bottom.
- Select to use the photo or video, or retake it.
- To upload the folder, choose a destination folder. navigate to the folder where you want to place your file then tap Select. Optionally, you can create a folder by tapping the folder icon ().
If you add content from a folder menu, the folder name is shown as the upload destination. Click Change to change the folder location.
If you are using Syncplicity app on an AirWatch or MobileIron managed device, your AirWatch administrator can disable the camera on the device, which prevents you from capturing photos or videos.
To record then upload an audio file:
- Tap Record. A Tap to Start Recording bar appears. Tap the bar to start recording.
- Tap the bar again when you are finished recording.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Select Destination Folder then navigate to the folder where you want to save your file.
- Tap the upload icon (). Optionally, you can create a new folder by tapping the folder icon ().
To add content from a folder menu, the folder name is shown as the Upload destination. Click Change to change the folder.