Syncplicity now offers European (EU) cloud storage to enable customers to comply with EU data privacy and sovereignty regulations. This feature is available for Personal Edition, Business Edition, and Enterprise Edition.
Personal Edition and Business Edition users: You can select your cloud storage location when creating the account.
- On the account registration page, select your cloud storage location from the list.
- If you select US Cloud Storage, files uploaded to Syncplicity will be stored in US data centers. However, if you select EU Cloud Storage, files uploaded to Syncplicity will be stored in European data centers.
- After you create your account, you cannot change the initial storage selection.
- During account registration, a default cloud storage is set based on the country selection. If the country selected is in the European Union, the default cloud storage is set to EU. If the selected country is anywhere else, then the default is US. As the administrator, you can change the cloud storage location at any time for your users.
- The selection of a default cloud storage location does not prevent Enterprise Edition customers from continuing to leverage on-premise StorageVaults.
- On the Manage Storage Sets page, Syncplicity Cloud Storage EU and Syncplicity Cloud Storage US are available. You can assign the storage set and default storage to your users according to their location and the origin of the data. For more information about defining storage vaults and storage sets see Set the maximum amount of storage used by StororageVaults and Configuring and managing storage sets.
- If you are managing a storage capacity based account, the default storage allocated for the EU Storage Vault is zero. You can allocate storage to these vaults by redistributing your available capacity.