By default, every Syncplicity Business and Enterprise Edition user has access to the full company storage quota. However, a specific storage quota can be allocated to a group. Enterprise Edition accounts can have more than one StorageVault; in this case, the storage quota of a group is applicable only to the group's default StorageVault.
The storage quota feature allows you to limit the amount of space for each group. The maximum value a group can have is the company quota. For example, a company with 500 GB quota can have a 500 GB group with five members, where each member can use up to 500 GB. Once the 500 GB is consumed, clients for that account can no longer upload or download files even though individual users may still have space available in their quota.
The quota specified applies to each member of the group. For example, if a group has ten members and the storage quota is set to 2 GB; each member can access 2 GB of storage. If all members reach their limit, the group uses 20 GB. Storage includes active files, deleted files, and previous versions. When you assign storage quota to a group, the size cannot be greater than the size of the group's default StorageVault for Enterprise Edition users or company storage for Business Edition users.
You can specify the storage quota when you create a group, or change the quota by editing the group
Storage Quota Rules
The following describes how the storage quota features perform under various conditions:
- A user has access to the entire company quota (Business Edition) or default StorageVault (Enterprise Edition) if not a member of a group, or if a member of groups with storage quota disabled.
- A user has access to the largest storage quota when the user is a member of multiple groups with storage quota enabled. For example, the user has 10 GB storage allocated when belonging to a group with 5 GB storage quota and another group with 10 GB.
- If a user is the owner of data in different storage vaults they have a quota for each storage vault.
- If a user is removed from a group or a group is deleted, the user's quota is determined by the other groups, if any.
- If a user goes over quota as a result of administrator action such as moving the user to a lower quota group, that user can no longer upload or download any file. Users over quota are shown in red under the total storage consumed column in the Manage Users page. Reports can be also used to find users over quota.
When a user's quota is exceeded, the user cannot upload or download files.
View and manage storage quota for groups
To view and manage storage quotas, select Admin → Groups to open the Manage Groups page. The Manage Groups page displays the amount of storage quota for each group. A number is not shown if storage quota is not enabled.
You can enable the storage quota feature when you create or edit a group. To enable the storage quota, check the Enable Storage Quota option and enter a value. You can also increase or decrease the storage amount, as well as disable the storage quota feature by unchecking the box. For more information, see Editing and removing groups.
View storage quota for all users
To view the storage quota for all users, select Admin → User Accounts. The Manage users page is displayed with the storage quota per user and the amount of storage currently consumed by each user. For users who are in multiple groups with different StorageVaults, the storage consumed is the total of storage consumed across all of the StorageVaults.
Select a user's name for detailed information on storage allocation and consumption. The storage quota and consumption details are displayed in the "Storage by user" report.