As described in Overview of managing your company's devices, Syncplicity apps for Android support Intune using Android Enterprise. App wrapping or SDK integration is not necessary. As an administrator, you can use the Intune add application wizard to add the Syncplicity app from the Google Play Store to the Intune console.
This topic describes adding the Syncplicity app to your Intune catalog and provides an overview of policy settings.
With Intune, you can manage the devices and users that can install the Syncplicity app. Your users can install the app from the Google Play Store or you can force download and installation.
You should review the Intune documentation for performing the described tasks.
Intune app installation
Perform the following steps to add the Syncplicity app to your Intune catalog. Once the app is added and users are assigned, you can use the Intune console to monitor the deployment of the Syncplicity app.
- Select Mobile apps | Apps | Add.
- Under App type select Android store app.
- Under App information click Configure.
- Enter the required app information.
- For Appstore URL enter https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syncplicity.android.
- For Minimum operating system select Android 4.4 (KitKat).
- Click OK.
- Click Add.
- Select Assignments | Select groups, choose a group to add the app to, and click Select.
- Next to the group you just added, under the Type column, select an availability.
- Click Save.
Syncplicity app configuration
Perform the following steps to configure the Syncplicity app. Advanced key-value pair configuration is supported with Intune, allowing override of many policy settings for managed users. By overriding policy settings, you can have one set of restrictions for unmanaged devices and another set for managed devices.
- Select Mobile apps | App configuration policies | Add.
- Enter a name. Under Device enrollment type select Managed devices. Under Platform select Android.
- Click Select the required app, select Syncplicity and click OK.
- Click Configuration settings.
- Under Configuration settings format select Use configuration designer.
- Click Add, select the configuration keys you want to set and click OK.
- Enter values for each key and click OK.
- Click Add.
- Click Assignments and select a group to apply the configuration to.
Intune app settings
You can use Intune console to manage the devices with the Syncplicity app and other apps that have been added through the Intune app catalog.
You can manage Syncplicity and other apps using device profiles. For example, to access profiles select Device configuration | Profiles | Create profile. Choose the Profile type Device restrictions to view configuration settings. Passcode settings help you configure the passcode and its complexity for the device. You also can allow or disable opening of files from managed Intune apps to unmanaged apps or from unmanaged apps to managed Intune apps.