Mobile Device Synchronization policy
This policy allows company admins to control the allowed file and folder synchronization settings with the users mobile devices based on connection type. This policy applies to content marked as Favorites in the mobile application on iOS and Android devices. Favorite files and folders are synchronized to the mobile application and available for off-line access as well as quick access avoiding download delays when opening files.
To set the Mobile Device Synchronization policy:
- Open the Admin Console.
- Select Policies → Mobile → Mobile Sync → Mobile Device Synchronization policy.
By default, users in your organization can configure the Syncplicity mobile apps to automatically synchronize specific files and folders whenever they change on the server regardless of how the devices is connected to the internet. Users are free to configure their mobile app to synchronize Favorite files and folders:
- When connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot or the cellular network.
- Only when connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- To turn off synchronization.
Alternatively, administrators can disable Favorites synchronization when connected via the carriers network or when roaming to minimize mobile phone usage charges.
The can also choose to disable synchronization altogether, when this feature is disabled, users are required to download individual files on a case-by-case basis when needed.
Android Device Synchronization policy
By default, Syncplicity users on Android devices can mark files and folders to synchronize to the SD card on their device. This default setting provides the most flexibility when working with these files and folders on the device and in other applications and enables easy access to the files from anywhere, including the computer to which the device is connected. For added security, you can disallow this feature and require that Syncplicity for Android devices only, synchronizes files to its private, encrypted storage location. Such files and folders still synchronize automatically and be available offline, but only be accessible via the Syncplicity application.
Android devices offer SD card storage in addition to the device storage. This settings for this policy also allow you to control whether the SD card storage option is available to users.
To set the Andriod Device Synchronization policy:
- Open the Admin Console.
- Go to policies → Mobile → Mobile Sync → Android Device Synchronization policy.
Mobile Device Synchronization Limits policy
This policy is used to enforce how much data a user can transfer using the mobile app. This policy can be set from the Admin Console under policies -> Mobile -> Mobile Sync -> Mobile Device Synchronization Limits policy
- By default, users can choose to set their own synchronization limits.
- To reduce cost, you can choose to limit the amount of data that can be transferred on a monthly basis. When setting this policy, Admins must specify the data transfer limit per GB or MB and specify which day of the month will the counter be reset (Billing cycle reset day).