This policy allows admins to control the default app that will be used for viewing/editing Microsoft Office documents on Mobile.
The following prerequisites must be met prior to using this policy:
- The storage connector setting must be enabled for this policy to work, see Microsoft Office Online Integration (Admin → Settings).
- iOS 4.8.0 or higher.
To set the Mobile Device Synchronization policy:
- Ensure the setting for Microsoft Office Online Integration is enabled.
- Open the Admin Console.
- Select Policies → Mobile Apps → Configuration → Mobile Office Documents Policy.
- (Default) When Open Microsoft Office documents in Syncplicity is selected, Microsoft office documents can be viewed/edited in Syncplicity. The user cannot change this value.
- When Open Microsoft Office documents in Microsoft Apps is selected, Microsoft office documents can be viewed/edited in Microsoft Office apps.
- When Selected by User is selected, Microsoft office documents can be viewed/edited in Syncplicity. The user has the option to go into Settings and switch to Microsoft Office Apps.