This policy allows admins to configure a fixed value for the maximum speed at which users, or group-based users, can upload and download files. This value can be applied to all networks or corporate networks. The lower the value, the slower the files will upload or download. When no restriction is applied, users can go and set a restriction per type of network (Public, Private, Metered).
To access this policy, perform the following steps:
- Under the Admin menu, click policies.
- In the Policy Sets tab, select the group policy to update.
- Expand Desktop Clients & Add-ins.
- Expand Configuration.
- In the Bandwidth Restriction Policy section you have three options:
- Do not restrict bandwidth on the desktop client
- Restrict upload and download bandwidth for all networks
- Restrict upload and download bandwidth for corporate networks
Restrict bandwidth for all networks
This setting allows company admins to limit the upload / download speeds and limit the bandwidth for network issues or limited bandwidth. The client user can further limit the bandwidth, but cannot set a higher bandwidth.
NOTE: For Windows desktop clients installed using the command line, the values set by UPLOADMAX & DOWNLOADMAX are overridden by the values in this policy.
Select the option 'Restrict upload and download bandwidth for all networks' and enter desired speed for Upload and/or Download Bandwidth
Restrict bandwidth for corporate networks
This setting allows company admins to manage the bandwidth profiles for a corporate network.
Select the option to Restrict upload and download bandwidth for corporate networks, then select Manage Bandwidth profiles. This screen allows company admins to manage bandwidth profiles that determine bandwidth limits for users or group-based users.
For details, see Manage bandwidth profiles.